Careers at WebFinance Inc.
What started as a project driven by an interest in investing, has since grown into a company reaching over 60 million people every year.
Being aficionados of big data and all things tech, we continue expanding our core portfolio and actively investing in new ideas. Our goal for the next five years is to reach 1 billion pageviews while remaining a trusted source of information and entertainment for our users.
If you like to be challenged, we are your team.
- Opportunities our sites reach 60+ million people every year, and our apps have 100k+ downloads. If you can't find something high impact to work on, you're doing it wrong.
- Cool tech DFP and AdX / Savicom / AWS and Ubuntu / Pivotal Tracker / MySQL, ElasticSearch / Google Analytics and WMT / PHP, jQuery, NodeJS, Android Java, Objective C, Titanium, and many more acronyms
- Work & life flip flops and a hoodie are the norm. Bring your headphones and your favorite tunes. And everyone’s invited to company outings, be it BBQs, happy hours, billiards, movie day, meetups, or hackathons.
Seeking lovers of consumer web and Internet technology.
Vice President of Consumer Web Strategy
We're looking to bring on an experienced leader to take our product offerings to the next level. This position is a senior role who will report directly to the CEO, and be the day-to-day leader in driving the company's growth.
We expect that you'll use your knowledge, skills, and experience to:
- Define and implement a new digital product vision for the company with a focus on growth.
- Lead and manage the team in executing your product development strategy and tactics.
- Quickly lean test new product ideas and evaluate their marketability.
- Leverage the millions of people who visit our sites every month to drive the growth of new products.
- Work collaboratively with our engineering, sales, and business operations teams, and grow them as necessary.
- Passion for consumer web tech - you'll readily show a stranger why the tech you're developing is the best thing since fire.
- Business Acumen - you can read a P&L, you understand the road to profitability, and you know markets and competition.
- Raw intellectual horsepower especially with quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- BA/BS degree with strong academic record from an accredited university.
- You must have a proven track record:
- successfully creating company-level growth;
- developing product roadmaps, and managing developers and other team members to execute to completion on time within budget;
- managing multiple concurrent projects in a fast-paced environment;
- exhibiting confidence, and leading, inspiring, and motivating team members;
- using data driven analyses, supplemented by experience and intuition;
- putting the success of the team above your own interests;
- delegating assignments while developing team members' skills, and monitoring their growth and progress;
- developing mockups, use cases, project plans, and process flows.
Also beneficial but not required:
- degree in engineering or computer science
- expertise in lean startup
- sales experience, preferably with digital advertising models
- experience with online content creation, management, and monetization
Due to USCIS requirements, visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position. OPT and H1B candidates will not be accepted. GC/LCA-Perm is okay though.
This position focuses on consumer web & mobile technology. In your application, please include a link to sites and apps you've developed in this space.
All applications are confidential -- we won't contact your current employer until you're ready to provide references.Submit your resume ►