Careers at WebFinance Inc.
What started as a project driven by an interest in investing, has since grown into a company reaching over 60 million people every year.
Being aficionados of big data and all things tech, we continue expanding our core portfolio and actively investing in new ideas. Our goal for the next five years is to reach 1 billion pageviews while remaining a trusted source of information and entertainment for our users.
If you like to be challenged, we are your team.
- Opportunities our sites reach 60+ million people every year, and our apps have 100k+ downloads. If you can't find something high impact to work on, you're doing it wrong.
- Cool tech DFP and AdX / Savicom / AWS and Ubuntu / Pivotal Tracker / MySQL, ElasticSearch / Google Analytics and WMT / PHP, jQuery, NodeJS, Android Java, Objective C, Titanium, and many more acronyms
- Work & life flip flops and a hoodie are the norm. Bring your headphones and your favorite tunes. And everyone’s invited to company outings, be it BBQs, happy hours, billiards, movie day, meetups, or hackathons.
Seeking lovers of consumer web and Internet technology.
Chief Technology Officer
We're looking for an experienced energetic business leader who has skills and drive to propel our company forward.
This is a senior level position that reports directly to the CEO and allows you to shape and implement both day-to-day and long-term vision. If you’re always buzzing with new ideas and can creatively pinpoint unexplored pockets of growth, we'd love to hear from you.
Responsibilities & Expectations:
- Define and implement a new digital product vision for the company with a focus on growth.
- Lead and manage the team in executing your product development strategy and tactics.
- Quickly lean test new product ideas and evaluate their marketability.
- Leverage the millions of people who visit our sites every month to drive the growth of new products.
- Work collaboratively with our engineering, sales, and business operations teams, and grow them as appropriate.
- A passion for consumer web tech. You'll readily show a stranger why the tech you're developing is the best thing since fire.
- Business acumen. You can read a P&L, and you understand markets and competitive positioning.
- Raw intellectual horsepower, especially with quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- BA/BS degree with a strong academic record from an accredited university.
- A proven track record:
- successfully creating company-level growth;
- developing product roadmaps, and managing developers and other team members to execute to completion on time within budget;
- managing multiple concurrent projects in a fast-paced environment;
- exhibiting confidence, and leading, inspiring, and motivating team members;
- using data-driven analyses, supplemented by experience and intuition;
- putting the success of the team above your own interests;
- delegating assignments while developing team members' skills, and monitoring their growth and progress;
- developing mockups, use cases, project plans, and process flows.
Skills that will make you a star candidate:
- Degree in engineering or computer science.
- Expertise in lean startup.
- Sales experience, preferably with digital advertising models.
- Experience with online content creation, management, and monetization.
Due to USCIS requirements, visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position. OPT and H1B candidates will not be accepted. GC/LCA-Perm is allowed.
Perks, Benefits, and Culture:
- Opportunities - our sites get 100m+ pageviews a year & our apps get tens of thousands of downloads every month. If you can't find something high impact to work on, you're doing it wrong.
- Relaxed & casual work environment. We're an internet company, so flip flops and a hoodie are the norm.
- Smart engaged team members that are invested in the company's future.
- Fully paid premiums for health and dental insurance.
- Powerful hardware and large dual monitors.
- Company outings include BBQs, happy hour, billiards & bowling, movie day, meetups, hackathons, and more.
- This position is on-site only. Travel is minimal to none, and there's little to no telecommute. Candidates must be local or able to relocate to the Washington DC metro area.
All applications are confidential -- we won't contact your current employer until you're ready to provide references.Apply Now ►
Recruiters & Staffing Firms: We do not accept unsolicited applications from search firms or recruiting agencies. We reserve the right to contact any potential employee without remuneration to you.