Careers at WebFinance Inc.
What started as a project driven by an interest in investing, has since grown into a company reaching over 60 million people every year.
Being aficionados of big data and all things tech, we continue expanding our core portfolio and actively investing in new ideas. Our goal for the next five years is to reach 1 billion pageviews while remaining a trusted source of information and entertainment for our users.
If you like to be challenged, we are your team.
- Opportunities our sites reach 60+ million people every year, and our apps have 100k+ downloads. If you can't find something high impact to work on, you're doing it wrong.
- Cool tech DFP and AdX / Savicom / AWS and Ubuntu / Pivotal Tracker / MySQL, ElasticSearch / Google Analytics and WMT / PHP, jQuery, NodeJS, Android Java, Objective C, Titanium, and many more acronyms
- Work & life flip flops and a hoodie are the norm. Bring your headphones and your favorite tunes. And everyone’s invited to company outings, be it BBQs, happy hours, billiards, movie day, meetups, or hackathons.
Seeking lovers of consumer web and Internet technology.
Business Analyst (Marketing & UX)
Do you love the consumer web? Are you passionate about internet technology? If so, you'll be right at home with us. Our sites and apps educate and entertain 60+ million people every year. If you like the idea of a startup style atmosphere with the stability of a profitable company, you'll be right at home.
Requirements & Expectations:
- You have 0-3 years experience in marketing, user experience, or a tech related business field
- You've earned (or are about to earn) a bachelor's degree from a top university in a business or tech related field, and you did well in your marketing, accounting, and math classes.
- You're authorized to work in the US without visa sponsorship. If you're a US citizen or permanent resident, you're eligible. USCIS will not grant a visa for this position, so no H1B/OPT/F1/CPT candidates will be accepted.
- You have passion for user experience, advertising, and web/mobile app development.
- You're as metrics driven as we are -- you're the kind of person who gets excited talking about A/B testing and behavioral science.
- You're outgoing and able to talk directly with users and clients to get actionable feedback.
An ideal candidate will also have some experience with technologies that we use: Google Analytics, DoubleClick, Adsense, Adwords, Savicom, Pivotal Tracker, Quickbooks, and the business sides of Facebook & Twitter.
What You'll Learn to Do:
This position is a blend of business operations, project management, and product development. Some of the tangible skills you'll pick up include:
- Business ops like invoicing, accounts reconciliation, recruiting, etc.
- Launching and managing ad campaigns for our advertisers, pulling stats and advising clients on web and email advertising campaigns.
- Developing and executing content acquisition strategies, from managing freelance authors to business development with major publishers.
- Working with engineers to bring web and app feature ideas to life, using data driven techniques like A/B testing and lean testing.
- You'll learn the ins and outs of a variety of world class software tools like DoubleClick for Publishers, Google Analytics, Adwords, Pivotal Tracker, and more.
- Although you'll end up working on some product development and sales support, this is definitely not a sales position -- it's projects & ops.
Perks, Benefits, and Culture:
- Opportunities - our sites reach 60+ million people every year, and our apps have 100k+ downloads. If you can't find something high impact to work on, you're doing it wrong.
- Powerful computer hardware and large dual monitors.
- Fully paid premiums for health and dental insurance.
- Company outings include BBQs, happy hour, billiards, movie day, meetups, hackathons, and more.
- This position is on-site only. Travel is minimal to none, and there's minimal telecommute. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position (no H1B/OPT applicants please).
- Relaxed & casual work environment. Flip flops and a hoodie are the norm. Bring your headphones and your favorite tunes.
In your email to us, please tell us about your favorite website, what you like about it, and what you could change about it if given the chance.
All applications are confidential -- we won't contact your current employer until you're ready to provide references.Apply Now ►
Recruiters & Staffing Firms: We do not accept unsolicited applications from search firms or recruiting agencies. We reserve the right to contact any potential employee without remuneration to you.